WizFile 3.07 (10 December 2021)
- Explorer windows opened with "explore location" or double clicking on path will now always open on top and become active. Previously they may have opened behind other windows and flashed on the task bar.
- Form would not be restored to correct position if taskbar was not positioned at bottom of screen - fixed
- Dark mode hint color was wrong - fixed
- Hint font size will now also match file list font size if zoomed in or out with Ctrl+MouseWheel
WizFile 3.06 (26 November 2021)
- Hovering over a file will now display full path name in status bar at bottom of screen as well as display the full name as a tooltip hint
- Added new "folders" checkbox to make it easy to toggle folders on or off in the search results
- Context menu when renaming a file did not close the first time after making a selection - fixed
- Custom filter items for 3rd filter box were not being saved correctly - fixed
- dragging/dropping files with names containing non ASCII characters would fail - fixed
WizFile 3.05 (22 November 2021)
- file name search will now ignore character accents (like é and ö) when searching.
e.g. searching for "melee" will now correctly match file names containing "mêlée" or "MÊLÉE"
- new file length and path length search terms added:
Use namelen and pathlen to search by file name and path length
e.g. to find files with path length greater than 255:
to find file names with exactly 1 character:
- Not (!) operator was not working correctly when followed by quoted search text - fixed
- some results were not being included when using "?" wildcard and searching entire path - fixed
- File search box and highlighted text were not handling right to left languages like Arabic correctly - fixed
- Window animations settings could be reset when WizFile was running full screen - fixed
- WizFile will now handle screens with very high DPI (scaling >=200%) correctly. Previously title bar icons were too small.
- Light mode header colors were incorrect on Xp/2003 with themes disabled - fixed
- "Explore folder" and "command prompt here" functions were not working on older versions of Windows if "launch applications as administrator" option was not enabled (XP/2003) - fixed
- WizFile would not start minimized on older versions of Windows (pre Vista). Toggle "start with windows" off and on again to fix.
WizFile 3.04 (13 September 2021)
- New "Folders" filter option added to "TYPES" filter dropdown.
Type in "=folder" or "=folders" in search to display folders only.
Type in "=file" or = "files" in search to display files only.
- Improved stability
- Updated GUI and various cosmetic changes
- Hold down CTRL key and use mousewheel to increase/decrease the search results font size
- Fixed threading issue that might cause WizFile to hang during high file activity or when rescanning drives
- Fixed bug where cluster size may have been incorrect leading to incorrect "allocated size" calculations
- filtering for files with no extension now possible using "*." filter
WizFile 3.03 (3 March 2021)
- Fixed "dark" UI style issues on high DPI screens (some screen elements were not being rendered correctly)
- Chinese (Traditional) installer was using incorrect translation language files - fixed
- Minor cosmetic changes
WizFile 3.02 (2 December 2020)
- Minimum form size constraints were being ignored so form could be resized too small to be usable - fixed
WizFile 3.01 (30 November 2020)
- WizFile was ignoring the "check for updates" option and checking for updates each time it started - fixed
WizFile 3.00 (23 November 2020)
- added 2 new predefined filter dropdowns - one for size and one for file modified date. These can be customised by the user.
- added file size, allocated size and modified date filter support.
Use operators "=", ">", ">=", "<", "<=" to filter files based on size or modified date. NB: Don't put any spaces between operators and values!
e.g. to find files less than 100 bytes in size:
Append a 'k', 'm', 'g', or 't' to the number to search in Kb, Mb, Gb, Tb
e.g. to find files between 500MB and 1Gb:
'kb', 'mb', 'gb', 'tb' can also be used, e.g.:
To filter by "allocated" size, use "a=", "a>", etc.
e.g. To find files with allocated size between 100MB and 200MB:
e.g. to find files with 0 allocated size and greater than zero file size:
To filter by date, specify a date in the format: yyyy/mm/dd
e.g. Filter files modified before 2020/01/01:
Use the constant "today" to reference today's date. Optionally add or subtract a number of days from this constant.
e.g. to find files modified in the last 7 days:
e.g. to find all files larger than 1gb that were modified in the last month (last 30 days):
Place the search item in quotes to force a file name search.
e.g. to find file names that contain "=0" instead of displaying files with zero size:
- new "not" operator. Start the search expression with an exclamation mark (!) to find files that don't match the expression.
e.g. to find files that don't contain "windows":
e.g. to find all files that contain "music" but are not of type mp3:
e.g. to find files that are between 1 and 100 bytes in size, but not 50:
>=1 <=100 !=50
- new "Launch applications as administrator" option (off by default).
If enabled, any applications launched by WizFile will have administrator rights (this was the default for previous versions of WizFile as WizFile always runs as administrator). It's recommended that this option be left off. This also helps Wizfile work better with applications already running non elevated (without administrator rights).
For example, context menu items like "Add to Windows Media Player list" would not work previously if Windows Media Player has already been launched in non elevated mode (a "Server execution failed" error would have occurred).
- Support for Windows Dark Mode. UI Theme can be set via new "UI Theme" menu option.
- Windows Explorer integration added. Will be on by default if using the non portable version.
- New "Clear and Reset Filters" option added (Shift+F6). Clears and resets filters. Hold shift key when clicking on 'Clear' button to reset filters when clearning search results.
- file search speed increased significantly
- Minimising WizFile will now minimize to task bar instead of tray
- Fixed some MFT decoding bugs which could have caused crashes on some PCs
- Added global hotkey Ctrl+Win+W to bring WizFile to the foreground if it's active
- Stability improvements
Older versions of WizFile can be downloaded on this page.