WizFile 3.03 (3 March 2021)
- Fixed "dark" UI style issues on high DPI screens (some screen elements were not being rendered correctly)
- Chinese (Traditional) installer was using incorrect translation language files - fixed
- Minor cosmetic changes
WizFile 3.02 (2 December 2020)
- Minimum form size constraints were being ignored so form could be resized too small to be usable - fixed
WizFile 3.01 (30 November 2020)
- WizFile was ignoring the "check for updates" option and checking for updates each time it started - fixed
WizFile 3.00 (23 November 2020)
- added 2 new predefined filter dropdowns - one for size and one for file modified date. These can be customised by the user.
- added file size, allocated size and modified date filter support.
Use operators "=", ">", ">=", "<", "<=" to filter files based on size or modified date. NB: Don't put any spaces between operators and values!
e.g. to find files less than 100 bytes in size:
Append a 'k', 'm', 'g', or 't' to the number to search in Kb, Mb, Gb, Tb
e.g. to find files between 500MB and 1Gb:
'kb', 'mb', 'gb', 'tb' can also be used, e.g.:
To filter by "allocated" size, use "a=", "a>", etc.
e.g. To find files with allocated size between 100MB and 200MB:
e.g. to find files with 0 allocated size and greater than zero file size:
To filter by date, specify a date in the format: yyyy/mm/dd
e.g. Filter files modified before 2020/01/01:
Use the constant "today" to reference today's date. Optionally add or subtract a number of days from this constant.
e.g. to find files modified in the last 7 days:
e.g. to find all files larger than 1gb that were modified in the last month (last 30 days):
Place the search item in quotes to force a file name search.
e.g. to find file names that contain "=0" instead of displaying files with zero size:
- new "not" operator. Start the search expression with an exclamation mark (!) to find files that don't match the expression.
e.g. to find files that don't contain "windows":
e.g. to find all files that contain "music" but are not of type mp3:
e.g. to find files that are between 1 and 100 bytes in size, but not 50:
>=1 <=100 !=50
- new "Launch applications as administrator" option (off by default).
If enabled, any applications launched by WizFile will have administrator rights (this was the default for previous versions of WizFile as WizFile always runs as administrator). It's recommended that this option be left off. This also helps Wizfile work better with applications already running non elevated (without administrator rights).
For example, context menu items like "Add to Windows Media Player list" would not work previously if Windows Media Player has already been launched in non elevated mode (a "Server execution failed" error would have occurred).
- Support for Windows Dark Mode. UI Theme can be set via new "UI Theme" menu option.
- Windows Explorer integration added. Will be on by default if using the non portable version.
- New "Clear and Reset Filters" option added (Shift+F6). Clears and resets filters. Hold shift key when clicking on 'Clear' button to reset filters when clearning search results.
- file search speed increased significantly
- Minimising WizFile will now minimize to task bar instead of tray
- Fixed some MFT decoding bugs which could have caused crashes on some PCs
- Added global hotkey Ctrl+Win+W to bring WizFile to the foreground if it's active
- Stability improvements
WizFile 2.06 (14 November 2018)
- WizFile might not always start up correctly when configured to start with Windows (fixed)
WizFile 2.05 (5 September 2018)
- Windows high DPI scaling support improved (fonts would appear far too large on some PCs when 200% or more scaling was enabled)
- "Clear search when minimized" option did not toggle on and off correctly (fixed)
- WizFile would be closed by the task scheduler after 3 days if configured to start with Windows. To correct this please disable the 'Start with Windows' option, then re-enable it. This only has to be done once.
WizFile 2.04 (8 July 2018)
- 64 bit version might have crashed when displaying message dialogs on certain PCs (fixed)
WizFile 2.03 (6 July 2018)
- Search result list loading speed increased
- Reduced CPU use when building results list (could cause audio/video playback to stutter previously)
- Memory use reduced
- Improved high DPI support (WizFile might have incorrectly displayed very large text on high DPI screens previously)
- "Start with windows" option would not start WizFile on laptops running on battery power.
- If you use WizFile on a laptop and want WizFile to start with Windows, then toggle the "start with windows" option off and back on again to correct this problem. This only has to be done once after upgrading to 2.03
- Portable version will now use the default Windows language (if supported by WizFile) instead of defaulting to English
WizFile 2.02 (20 June 2018)
- reduced memory use by around 45%
- Clicking "Clear" will now clear results when even if a non empty custom filter is active
- New "Clear search when minimized" option added (enabled by default). If enabled, minimizing the window will automatically clear the search results (as if "clear" was clicked) (This reduces memory and CPU use to the absolute minimum when WizFile is running in the background)
- Tray icon would not appear if WizFile configured to start with Windows
WizFile 2.01 (10 June 2018)
- File count display might be incorrect if "refresh" used repeatedly very quickly (fixed)
WizFile 2.00 (8 June 2018)
- Non NTFS drives now supported (will not be selected by default - select them via the "Select Drives..." option)
Individual folders/network shares can now be added to the search. Add a folder or network share by selecting "Select Drives..." then "Add folder". To add a network share either select it or type in the share name, (e.g. \\servername\sharename) when browsing for a folder to add.
Note that high speed scanning is only available on NTFS drives - other drive types and folders will be scanned using the regular Windows method.
- User defined filters now supported. Default filters for ALL, Audio, Video, Images, Compressed, Documents and Executables added. Configure filters via the "Filters..." option
- Double clicking on the "path" will now open an explorer window (same as selecting "Explore Folder" from right click menu)
- Double clicking on the "path" while holding the ALT key will open a command prompt window at the file's location (same as selecting "Command Prompt Here" from right click menu)
- Double clicking on any other column will open the file using the default Windows method
- Click on a file name, pause, then click on it again to rename it (or just press F2)
- "Monitor folder changes" option added (default off). If enabled, WizFile will keep folder sizes updated with any changes that occur within them. If enabled it will cause higher CPU usage when file system is very busy.
- High DPI support (WizFile fully supports scaling on Windows 10)
- Searches that include folder names or partial folder names now much faster
- Background file monitoring improved (folder move operations now detected and processed correctly)
- On screen results affected by file changes now update with greatly reduced CPU usage
- Changing "selected drives" while a scan is in progress now works correctly (would not rescan previously)
WizFile 1.06 (19 May 2018)
- Donate button would not disappear the first time after entering in a supporter code (required PC to be restarted) - fixed.
WizFile 1.05 (18 May 2018)
- "Monitor file system for changes" option added (on by default)
- "Minimize to tray when closed" option added (on by default)
- "Rename" function added (Right click on a file/folder and select "Rename" or press F2)
- Improved background file monitoring - (less CPU use - better for slower PCs, more reliable)
- Folder renaming was not being processed correctly (fixed)
- folders created in the root would not be detected correctly (fixed)
- New Slovak translation by Vladimír Kubala
WizFile 1.04 (11 April 2018)
- Background file change monitoring updated to prevent any possible interference with other applications (e.g. renaming operations might have failed while WizFile was active)
- Searching for certain Unicode characters would fail due to upper/lowercase conversion issues (fixed)
- Files can now be selected by dragging a rectangle around them
WizFile 1.03 (11 April 2018)
- Memory use is significantly reduced (especially in the 64 bit version) and it will now attempt to swap out as much memory as possible to the paging file when it's not actively displaying search results. It should have minimal impact on any other memory hungry applications when it's running in the background.
- Fixed bug that could crash WizFile if a lot of file changes were occurring while viewing a huge result set
WizFile 1.02 (9 April 2018)
- First official release. Thanks to the following translators:
Chinese (simplified) (zh_CHS)
Chinese (traditional) (zh_CHT)
Portuguese Brazil (pt_BR)
Master System PC